Can Patio Furniture Slings be replaced?
Even the most expensive patio furniture ages and not always gracefully, is your outdoor investment showing signs of wear and tear?
Most high end frames, manufactured years ago, used thick gauge aluminum with full circumference welding. They’ve been known to last for numerous decades. Mesh slings do not always have the same longevity as the original factory paint; they become faded, discolored, worn and frayed after years of use. This often times happens about 8 – 10 years or about half way through the expected lifespan of the paint.
This doesn’t mean you have to donate your patio furniture to the local landfill.
You can have the slings replaced and recycle your furniture instead of buying a new set. Recycling is an environmentally friendly and cost effective alternative.
With over 75 years of combined experience we’ve helped thousands of customers extend the life of their patio furniture.
You can choose from over 125 fabrics that come in a variety of colors and patterns. With over 25 colors of paint to choose from you’re sure to find one that fits your style. Free samples are available; just give us a call at 1-800-622-1901 or 215–659–8929.
Not every piece of furniture requires a complete restoration. Many times there is no need to repaint and an older set can look like new by replacing the slings.
We’ve invested in state-of-the-art equipment and processes to ensure a high quality result.
Sling Replacement Includes:
- Full Inspection of Each Piece of Furniture There may be cracks or weak spots hiding underneath the old sling. We have the expertise and knowledge to identify and fix any structural issues with the frame including, seized bolts, cracks, and wobbly or weak swivel mechanisms.
- Sling Removal The seating, slings and plastic components are removed in preparation for the rest of the restoration process including the final step which involves curing the final finish in a specially designed oven.
- Custom Sling Cutting and Stitching Each sling is cut with precision and double stitched and double hemmed with Gore Tenara thread. Tenara thread is the most durable thread on the market. It is completely resistant to UV sunlight, acid rain, snow and salt. It is unaffected by cleaning chemicals, even bleach. Tenara does not mold or dry rot which means your custom-made sling will last for many years.
- Installation The final step is to install the new sling. Your new sling will fit the frame as tight as a drum. This means it will be both comfortable and durable.
Frame Refinishing (if needed) Includes:
- Sandblasting The paint is sandblasted off of each piece of furniture using aluminum oxide media, which is a special type of sand designed to remove the existing finish but not damage the frame.
- Powdercoating the powder paint is electrostatically applied to the frame restoring the finish to showroom new.
- Curing Individual pieces of furniture are then baked in a 400 degree oven to cure. The end result is a durable finish that will last 3 to 4 times longer than a wet coat finish.
If you have patio furniture that’s showing signs of age, we’ll pick up the pieces, perform expert patio sling repair and frame refinishing, and return them to you showroom new.
We assure our customers a professional service and product. Every piece of furniture that leaves our warehouse is 100 percent guaranteed.
If a do it yourself sling replacement kit is desired, we create them and ship nationally.